Lost in Translation

Online blog of life in Barcelona for a English guy making a life for himself out here and trying desperately to have a good time, become fluent in Spanish, and most of all - not be constantly mistaken for a tourist!

Sunday, September 24, 2006

So what's a blog when it's at home?

OK, so I've decided to join the rest of the known world and get myself a blog. As I'm here in Spain for at least the next 6 months, it's probably a good idea if I get some thoughts written down. I've already been here just over a week, so I have some diary entries already prepared, so I'll post them again as if they're new and hopefully it will keep things neat and the only thing wrong will be the date of the post will be a week or so out. Anyway, here goes nothing....

2 Comments:

At October 16, 2006 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hola hoops!
it's the Fandango here :)Am going to have to have at least 17 cigarettes to cope with this tecnological initiation. I've stolen into The Panic Room (a.k.a Dad's study) to steal some computer time. In typical form, I have printed out your entire blog to date, so I can read it with a coffee, on the sofa. (I was not meant for this age. Consumption, a chaise-lounge and a man-servant ring so true...)I will zap back once my brain has recovered from the flashing screen and I can get back online (someone is a little territorial...it's not my fault that my personal electro-magnetic field melted my computer!) love you lots and can't believe "Lost in Translation" wasn't already taken as a title- methinks you hacked in and nicked it! xxxxxxxxx

 
At October 20, 2006 8:25 PM, Blogger Dave Hall said...

Hey, it's Lytham calling is it??!!

Glad the old Fandango is still in shape although I'm not too pleased to hear about the 17 ciggies!! Can you feel the disapproval coming from across the oceans??? I should hope so!

I've always wanted a man-servant. I've toyed with the idea of getting myself a little Philipino (well, they're so cheap you see!) but immigration is a minefield!

Pleased to hear that the Miss Marple hair still retains the ability to create enough electrical charge to cause a PC to melt. Daddy won't be impressed if he has to spend his weekends at PC World, so be careful please! :-)

Love you loads (and loads)
xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home